August 2, 2007
Irish sailor Paul O’Rian is competing for the first time in this single handed race on his boat City Jet. The course for La Solitaire Afflelou Le Figaro 2007 follows the Solitaire’s long tradition, made up of 4 legs between three countries. France, Ireland and Spain are the countries and will be covered in 13 days at sea and 1,876 nautical miles. The current edition will not only stop over and restart in Ireland after its first leg, but also use the famous Fastnet Lighthouse as a mark (turning point) for the 1st & 3rd legs.
At this time, he is in 31st place, just south of the Lizard, en route to Crosshaven on board City Jet. It is his first attempt at this premiere French solo racing event.
Link to the event.
– X.Yachts European’s 1999 7th
– Voiles d’Antibes 2003 2nd
– Crew on the maxi Yacht « Alfa Roméo » in 2003
– 1720 Docklands Liffey Challenge 2005 2nd
– Class3 Sovereign’s Cup 2005 3rd
– 1720 European Championship 2006 13th
– Docklands Liffey Challenge 2006 1st
– Solo Ports de France 2007 9th
You must be logged in to post a comment.